What is the British Airways check-in policy?
Checking in for a flight at the airport can be a tedious process and many times customers have to wait for a long time for their turn at the counters Thus, British Airways offers customers the opportunity to check in online and avoid unnecessary hassles. And who does not want to avoid hassles during their trip? You will get the option to check in online, at the airport, or through the mobile app as well. If you are someone who prefers checking in early to avoid any hassle at the airport and save time, you must check in online. You can get the details by reading further along.
- You can check in online as early as 24 hours before the departure.
- You cannot check in online if you purchased the ticket through a travel agency or if you have requested special services.
- You can get the boarding pass printout, download it, or email it.
- If you are checking in using the mobile app, you can download the boarding passes of up to 8 passengers in the same booking on one mobile easily.
- If you need to check in at the airport as per the British Airways Check-in Policy, you have to be available at the check-in counters and before the closing time. The closing time is given below.
- Generally, the closing time is 60 minutes before departure for long-haul flights.
- The closing time is 45 minutes before departure for short-haul flights most of the time.
- But, to get the exact closing time, you may check the official website.
Once you are aware of the policy, you can proceed to British Airways online check-in for the flight, and the process is given below in detail.
The process to check-in online with British Airways
- Open the page britishairways.com.
- You have to click the tab manage.
- Then enter the booking reference and the last name of the passenger.
- You have to click the tab online check-in.
- You will get the option to select a seat then you may review the booking.
- You will get the option to download or print the boarding pass.
If you do not have access to the official website or you require help you can use another method from the list below.
British Airways mobile App Check-In:
- Download and open the app.
- Click "Manage"
- Enter the booking details.
- You can choose a seat or buy a check-in baggage.
- Review the booking details.
- Then click "check-in"
- Download the boarding pass.
Once the boarding pass is on your phone you can arrive at the airport and proceed toward the baggage drop-off counters if you have check-in baggage. Otherwise, you can proceed with the security check.
British Airways kiosk Check-In:
You can check in using the self-help kiosk at the airport. You must have your PNR or your passport. You will get the option to get the printout of your boarding pass.
Through the check-in counters at the airport:
- You can check in at the airport by contacting a customer service agent if you need extra support.
- You have to provide the PNR and the passenger's name.
- The representative will check you in along with your bags, if any.
The information here will be useful to check in and understand the process. If you need more guidance, you may call the British Airways Phone Number 1800 247-9297 and connect with the airline anytime at your convenience. If you need help with any other query, you may visit the official website.